The Federal Government has said all is set for the employment of 774,000 Nigerians for Special Public Works as it names selection committee for the purpose.
The committee which will be inaugurated on Monday, June 29th, 2020, in all the States of the Federation and the FCT is saddled with responsibility of selecting the 1000 persons per LGA in respect of the Special Public Works Programme of the Federal Government.
The inauguration would be done by the Minister of State, Labour and Employment, Mr. Festus Keyamo, SAN in Abuja.
This was contained in a statement by Mr. Olua Davidson, Special Assistant to the Minister of State, Labour and Employment, which was made available to newsmen in Abuja.
He said the committee will be inaugurated virtually as a result of the coronavirus pandemic ravaging the country.
“The Committees made up of 20 members each comprises the following:
- Vice Chairman
- Secretary (the NDE State Coordinator)
- Three Representatives of Traditional Rulers from the three Senatorial Districts of the State (members)
- One representative of the State Governor (member)
- Market Woman Leader (member)
- Chairman of Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in that State or his representative (member)
- Chairman of Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs in that State or his Representative (member)
- Chairman of the National Union of Road Transport Workers in that State or his Representative (member)
- Six representatives from three recognized youth organisations in that State. There would be two each from each of the three Senatorial Districts (one male & one female)- members
- One Representative from a recognized Civil Society Organisation (CSO) in that State – (member)
- Two representatives from Institutions / Stakeholders representing interests peculiar to that State (members)
However, as a result of the COVID-19 guidelines, the Chairmen, Vice-Chairmen and State Coordinators of National Directorate of Employment would join the inauguration by virtual means from their different locations. They would represent other members of the Committees.
All Chairmen, Vice-Chairmen and State Coordinators of NDE would receive the meeting ID and the password to join virtually,” the statement read.